Volunteers wanted as We Are Invictus moderators!
To further support and develop the We Are Invictus platform and network, the Invictus Games Foundation is looking for members of the international wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veteran community to apply as volunteer moderators.
Currently the first phase of this opportunity will be rolled out to host nations with applicants invited to apply from Australia, Canada, Netherlands, U.K and USA only, with other nations being added over the coming year in subsequent phases. If you are from an Invictus Games participating nation and your country isn’t listed here, then please be ready to apply in the future when we announce further moderator roles.
‘We Are Invictus’ helps build, maintain and reinforce the international network of those with a shared history of injury or illness during or as a result of service. The Invictus Games Foundation are offering a number of volunteer roles to members of this Wounded, Injured and Sick community to become ‘We Are Invictus Moderators’ and assist in maintaining this network by and for the Invictus Community.
The intention of We Are Invictus is to allow users to engage with each other in their own nations, as well as on a global platform, to allow the sharing of knowledge and best practice within a safe online environment. In addition, users can access opportunities that come through via the Invictus Games Foundation or from fellow servicemen and women.
As the number of users on this platform grows, the Foundation is looking for volunteers to support the engagement with users within their nation. This role will include identifying, creating and/or sharing opportunities for recovery, acting as a point of contact for users within your nation and signposting to supporting organisations within your nation, and introducing more people to the platform to build the network further. A fuller list of what this role entails can be found below.
For more information and to receive details on how to apply, please email: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 8th November.
Further information on the role is below.
In your capacity as a We Are Invictus Moderator, you will be asked to:
- Engage with others in the community through posts and reacting positively to posts from other members.
- Post opportunities that will be particularly relevant to members within your nation.
- Act as the nation Point of Contact for the We Are Invictus community.
- Introduce WIS to the We Are Invictus app – not just those who have already been involved with the Invictus Games and especially those who might be considered ‘hard to reach’, unconnected or isolated.
- Assist in identifying areas of need for the WIS community in their nation
- Assist in the verification applications to We Are Invictus – if the applicant is known to you as eligible, it reduces the requirement for provision of proof.
- Note, you will not be asked to handle sensitive data / information regarding proof of eligibility. You may be asked to provide assurance regarding individuals known personally to you.
- Provide the WIS Liaison Manager with updates of what WIS are getting up to in your nation
- Attend specific events/opportunities on behalf of IGF when required (reasonable expenses will be covered)
- Identify potential partnerships for WIS engagement
- Uphold the values and reputation of IGF
- Highlight areas of concern
This role is in a voluntary capacity for a 2 year period; giving you the opportunity to operate within a full ‘Games-cycle’ – a year with and a year without a Games. The time commitment for this role is estimated at 2-3 hours per week.
In line with the Invictus Games Foundation expenses policy, all reasonable travel/accommodation expenses within this 2 year time frame will be covered (where prior approval has been sought by the WIS Liaison Manager).
If you are interested in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Invictus Games Foundation is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and accept applications from all backgrounds.
The Invictus Games Foundation would like to thank The Veterans’ Foundation and players of the Lottery for their support for the development of We Are Invictus.